1.5 oz of Almond Oil
1 oz Shea Butter
.5 oz Cocoa Butter
.5 oz Beeswax
1/8 tsp Vitamin E
.5 oz Natural Escentials Zinc Oxide
Cocoa Powder (1/2T cocoa powder is a light foundation; 1/2T plus 1t is a medium foundation; 1/2T plus 2t is a medium-dark foundation)
1/8 tsp of cinnamon
You will also need:
- Double-boiler (Or make your own with a glass bowl over a pot of shallow simmering water)
- Kitchen scale
- Container for finished product
- Using your scale and the tare function, measure and combine the first five ingredients into the glass bowl into your double-boiler. DO NOT add the zinc oxide, cocoa powder, or cinnamon!
- Completely melt the first five ingredients, stirring occasionally with your whisk.
- Remove from heat and allow time to cool a bit (a few minutes…and wipe excess moisture off the outside of your bowl, too).
- Place your bowl back on the scale, hit tare, and add in spoonfuls of zinc oxide until you get to .5oz. This gives you approximately a 20 SPF coverage
- Whisk to completely combine.
- Add 1/8t cinnamon; whisk to combine.
- Add cocoa powder a little at a time and whisk to get to the color you need…
- 1/2T cocoa powder is a light foundation
- 1/2T plus 1t is a medium foundation
- 1/2T plus 2t is a medium-dark foundation
- Simply start with 1/2T of cocoa powder, whisk to combine, check on your wrist for a color match, and add more cocoa powder (1/2t at a time) until you reach your perfect color
- Pour into your selected container and allow to cool. (You can use small mason jars, tins, or travel size containers usually used for shampoo/conditioner.)
- When ready to use, you can apply with clean fingers or a makeup sponge.