1/4 cup of Coconut Oil
1/4 cup of Shea Butter
3-5 Tbsps of Raspberry Seed Oil
2-3 Tbsps of Beeswax
a few drops of other essential oils (optional)
2 Tbsps of Zinc Oxide (For SPF 15. Add more if you want to increase the SPF.)
- Melt coconut oil, shea butter and beeswax in a double boiler. To do this, put the ingredients in a jar, and then put the jar in a simmering pan of water. Remove from heat as soon as they have melted.
- Stir in the ½ cup of oil (eg. Avocado oil)
- Stir in the zinc oxide. (Do not inhale.) To prevent it from clumping up in the lotion, try sifting it first.
- Thoroughly incorporate the zinc, stirring every few minutes until it cools.
- Once it reaches room temperature, stir in the essential oils if using.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place or the fridge.
- Use within 6 months.